Chicago and Atlanta – April 10, 2013 – The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) today announced that, following rigorous review, Craneware, Inc., a market leader in automated revenue integrity solutions, has once again met the “Peer Reviewed by HFMA” standard. HFMA recently reviewed Craneware as part of the evaluation process necessary to maintain Craneware Revenue Integrity Solutions' HFMA Peer Reviewed designation.
Craneware Revenue Integrity Solutions span four product families: Audit & Revenue Recovery, Revenue Cycle, Supply Management, and Access Management & Strategic Pricing. Within those four product families are the recently reviewed and Peer Review designated products:
• Chargemaster Toolkit controls the chargemaster management process and optimize legitimate reimbursement, capture lost revenue, and promote compliance through continuous updates of regulations.
• Chargemaster Corporate Toolkit standardizes, manages and integrates corporate- and facility-level chargemaster files across a multi-site hospital system.
• Bill Analyzer is software for improving charge capture processes by identifying lost revenue and categorizing areas of risk resulting in cleaner, more compliant claims.
• Online Reference Toolkit is a browser-based reference tool supporting inquiries from clinical, ancillary, support and financial personnel. This tool features electronic resources for medical necessity, compliance and other coding references.
• Interface Scripting Module is a customized scripting tool to automatically transfer updated chargemaster information from Chargemaster Toolkit info any hospital financial system.
“The HFMA Peer-Reviewed process is one of the most highly regarded and valued resources for healthcare finance leaders,” stated Craneware CEO, Keith Neilson. “The fact that our solutions have met HFMA’s rigorous, 11-step review process substantiates Craneware’s commitment to fulfilling our clients’ revenue integrity needs. Earning this status for the tenth year in a row is a clear testament to the overall effectiveness, quality, and value of our solutions.”
HFMA's Peer Review process is designed to provide healthcare financial managers with an objective third-party evaluation of products and services used in the healthcare workplace. The rigorous, 11-step process includes a panel review made up of current customers, prospects who have not made a purchase, and industry experts. Peer Review status of the product or service and its performance claims are based on effectiveness, quality and usability, price, value, and customer and technical support.
“We’re pleased to have Craneware renew their HFMA Peer Reviewed designation,” says HFMA President and CEO Joseph J. Fifer, FHFMA, CPA. “The HFMA Peer Review process assures our members, through a rigorous evaluation, that the reviewed product or service meets an objective third-party evaluation that assesses overall effectiveness, quality, and value.”